cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-rendered image scaling in TouchGFX designer

Tuoman
Senior II

Is there feature to scale images in TouchGFX designer?

I don't mean scaleable image widget that will be rendered on the MCU, I mean that the Designer tool can scale image and pre-render them to new size. Then all the heavy lifting of scaling is done on PC.

It is very useful to scale images in the Designer, for prototyping purposes, but use static image on the MCU for better performance. Otherwise I need to use image editor -> scale -> import -> repeat.

Also, add "lock proportions when scaling" feature too.

P.S. I love the tool! I evaluated 5-10 embedded GUI designers and TouchGFX is simply the best.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Tuoman​,

I'm not sure that feature will ever make it to the designer. Previous argument has always been that we don't want to re-implement paint.exe, but i can definitely see how it would be useful from a fast prototyping perspective.

I'll bring it up again!

/Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Tuoman​,

I'm not sure that feature will ever make it to the designer. Previous argument has always been that we don't want to re-implement paint.exe, but i can definitely see how it would be useful from a fast prototyping perspective.

I'll bring it up again!

/Martin

>we don't want to re-implement paint.exe

Ok, I understand that. Scaleable images do work pretty good for this purpose anyway. "lock proportions when scaling" would be nice for that though 🙂