cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchGFX application template

GEngi.2072
Associate II

Hi all,

basically we wanted to test creating a GUI with touchGFX for our STM32F103 (320x240 LCD via memory interface).

First problem: after downloading touchGFX 4.10 and creating a new project, we have only 1 application template for simulator. We see none of the other templates when reading touchGFX tutorials (usually a lot of discovery boards are in the screenshots).

So the next try was to install Cube. With STM32F103 there is no touchGFX option (obviously), so we followed the tutorial in https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020208091-Configuring-STM32F769I-DISCO (the idea was to adapt the gui code to our hardware; the basic board setup for the F103 is already running in an atollic project). We can start touchGFX via the "Execute" button from within Cube, but when trying to "Generate Code" we get this error: "no <projectDescription> node in ../.cproject". Interestingly there is a "projectDescription" section in .project!

Thanks for any help (generally for the touchGFX code gen prob or - even better - specific for the touchGFX + STM32F103 issue)

9 REPLIES 9
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @GEngi.2072​,

First thing: TouchGFX 4.12.3 is available now from st.com. This doesn't explain, however, why you're not seeing all templates - This could be a proxy thing. Are you behind one?

The Current version of CubeMX restricts the use of TouchGFX to MCUs with an LTDC and with external RAM. We're working on a more general solution in the TouchGFX office to try and remedy that,

/Martin

GEngi.2072
Associate II

Thanks for the answer.

The missing templates indeed are caused by network restrictions. On a PC with full internet access we can see a number of application templates. So next we will try to generate a F429 project and adapt to our F103.

Regarding the second question: of course for our MCU CubeMX doesn't offer the TouchGFX option. So we tried to generate the project for the F769I-Discovery (to see at least how it could work). But even when following the linked tutorial we get this "Code generation" (in TouchGFX started from the Cube project) problem. Is this also a network problem?

Thanks and greetings...

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi, no that should not be related to network issues.

Let me know what you're experiencing! If you want, i can give you a project that we created for an F412 (With cubemx, using a new secret weapon!) that runs touchgfx over SPI.

/Martin

GEngi.2072
Associate II

Hi there,

we finally managed to get a F4 disco app template running and could combine it with our current (non-touchGFX) application. We have a follow up question (different topic) in a new thread (https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BmnXT3SQM/howto-trigger-flushframebufferrect) .

Thank you Martin for the help here!

AGall.2
Associate

Hi Martin JJELDSEN, please i´d like to get the project for F412 for Touchgfx you mention.

Hi,

The STM32F412G-discovery template is available from TouchGFX Designer. You can select the Demo 4 in UI template which is a Demo made for this board.

/Romain

Dear GEngi,2027, I meet the same problem like you. I'm not sure what is "full internet access", how do I get the full access?

Dear Martin, I have the same issue that can only see PC and STM32F429 discovery board application templates. You mean that this could be a proxy thing, Is that means we should disable the proxy. Or if it is possible that we could download these application templates to local installed directory?

Hi,

There is an issue with the server. We are working on it sorry.

Here is the link for now http://sw-center-st-com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/touchgfx/pacman/packages.json.zip . Once you download the zip files/tpa you can add them to designer following this article.

/Romain