cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSTlinux support for Openembedded Warrior?

VBurs
Associate II

Hi,

On the OpenSTLinux Git i can see that there is the warrior branch and i would like to know when will there be a realease using this branch of Openembedded?

Also the Zeus branch is now available (3.0), is there plans to support it too?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
DenisH
Associate II

Hello Victor,

To maintain Yocto compatibility, we publish github updates on a regular basis, as you have noticed. Compatibility is maintained at BSP level. We do not guarantee the applicative framework (Weston).

You may have also noticed our OpenSTLinux-1.1.0 release, still based on Thud. We don’t plan to publish an official Warrior version.

On the other hand, we do plan to release an official version supporting Zeus.

In order to better understand, can you clarify if there is a specific need in your question?

VBurs
Associate II

I just wanted to know when will OpenSTLinux support Zeus 😉

Thanks

JWali
Associate II

Hi Denis - Is there a timeline when the official version of OpenSTLinux will be based on the Zeus branch of OpenEmbedded ?

I'm planning 2020 projects and a rough quarter / month would be helpful.

Thanks

DenisH
Associate II

Hello,

we will publish a version with Zeus support by the end of February 2020. This will be part of a maintenance release, meaning that there will be no major components evolution (iso kernel, u-boot, etc.) compared to our latest 1.1.0 release.

A major release with latest LTS kernel is expected in Q2 2020.

Does this help you building your 2020 planning?

Best regards,

RHozá.1
Associate

Hello may I ask if the support for Zeus is still coming / in the works?

JWali
Associate II

I'm wondering too. I see

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP15_ecosystem_release_note_-_v1.2.0

is based on OpenEmbedded Thud

DenisH
Associate II

Hello,

Yes release 1.2.0 is based on Thud.

Nevertheless, our OpenEmbedded layers are compliant with Yocto versions, meaning that Zeus can be used with our layers.

Anyway, we're working on a release that will be based on Dunfell, which has been announced as the first LTS version.

Hoping this helps.