cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a STM32F429I discovery, also when the board is not moving, the gyroscope furnish values different from zero and with high variance (on all the three axes). Is this noise or sensitivity? Is it possible to utilize some filter?

Hicss.2033
Associate III

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Hicss.2033​ , it is normal to get values different from 000h. If you consider the L3GD20 gyro (the sensor mounted on that discovery board), which is btw an old part number, the zero rate level is:

0690X00000AqYLqQAN.png

while the sensitivity is 8.75mdps/LSB in case of FS +-200dps.

So the ouptut gyro can be a value between +-477h (decimal -+10/0.00845 LSB). Is this your case?

Regards

Hicss.2033
Associate III

Sorry for the late replay, but when I'm rotating the board, does the digital zero rate level must be considered to get the speed of rotation of the board (for example the speed of rotation is the measured value +- the digital zero rate level)? Is there some technique that I must adopt to get such measure or some technical notes that explain how to get such measure? thanks for yor answer.

Also I see that there is drift whenutilizing the gyroscope. Is it possible to eliminate such drift?