cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f103vdt6 design

AGERE.192
Associate II

Hello!

I have designed a custom board, i have attached the schematic of it. My problem is that I have an ST-link v2 and i cant connect to it, i get target not found. Is my schematic correct or I have missed something? I have power and ground on all necessary pins on my board. I connected VDD, GND, SWDIO and SWCLK to my board from the ST-link, I used pins 1, 7, 9, 20. I tried to swap the pins of the data and clock signals, and all the settings in the ST-Link utility. My programmers firmware is up to date.

Best regards,

Attila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That chip is upside down.

With the text right side up, pin 1 is at the bottom left on the chip.

Agreed, it's confusing with two marks.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Check the voltages

Check part orientation

Check level on NRST pin

With BOOT0 pulled high try talking to the ROM based System Loader, via USART1 PA9/PA10, at 9600 8E1 send an 0x7F data byte, and check for response. Use something like RealTerm which can send hex bytes.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

VBAT should be connected to VCC.

Is pin 73 really NC on the package? Seems odd.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AGERE.192
Associate II

0690X00000AqRmLQAV.jpg

I have checked the voltages, all ok. The part oriantation indentation is in the up right corner. For some reason the NRST is 0.26V, but if I put a wire I can bring it up to 3.2V. But still no luck. I tried with an arduino the BOOT0 method with 0x7F data byte. I checked the answer on the oscilloscope and there was some response data.

I tried that too, with no luck. If Im correct it is NC, I attach the datasheet.0690X00000AqRyHQAV.jpg

TDK
Guru

If NRST wants to be 0.26V, voltages are not okay. Indicates a problem in your power supply scheme somewhere.

AGERE.192
Associate II

This is akward for me too, and the second odd thing is that PA2 is shorted to VDD in the interior of the IC. But I measured the voltages on all the pins and are ok.

Did you measure *directly* on the pins? I am aiming at bad solder joints.

Did you measure also VDDA/VSSA?

Is the text on the chip bottom-up?

JW

Definately sounds like you've got the device rotated.

NRST will be low absent a VDDA supply on the correct pin.

Show clear, in focus, high resolution photo of the chip on the board.

Don't confuse the mold ejector marks for pin 1 designation

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yeah. I have thinked about this, and I measured all the voltages on the top of the pins, near the package with really thin probes. I measured all of the vdd/vss pins. No, the text is up-buttom.