cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of TouchGFX 4.12.3!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Iiiiiiit's ... tiiiimeeee!

I'm pleased to finally be able to announce the release of TouchGFX 4.12.3, the first official release since 4.10.0. We've worked with CubeMX and CubeIDE to improve the integration experience some, so please get the latest versions of those (5.4.0 and 1.1.0 respectively). For CubeMX, you can upgrade to 5.4 through the software updater, or you can download it from st.com as usual.

Please read the following for an overview.

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400

Teaser:

• Lowering memory requirements with Partial Frame Buffers
  • 8-bit framebuffers
  • L8 Image format (Pallette)
  • Improve performance with "Cacheable Container"
  • Binary fonts and languages
  • Custom Triggers and Actions
  • Image Manager with support for sections
  • Texture Mapper Widget and more...

/Martin

70 REPLIES 70
TheCarterII
Associate II

Great!

Moving forward is there going to be a place to report general bugs (Not that I believe this release will have any 😉 )

Big fan of the new Code Generation "strategy" I guess you could say. As well as the graphics within touchgfx.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Just report them here 🙂 I'm monitoring the TouchGFX community closely.

/Martin

Will this support STM32L4R9 EVAL board?

Tuoman
Senior II

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Hi,

This new version removed 16bpp option from STM32F769 board. Can we get it back :)?

24bpp is too slow with no benefit. If I try to change app.mk -DUSE_BPP=16, the Designer will overwrite the file.

Thanks, I love the new version! Changing config, portrait etc. is so nice now!

belair55
Associate III

Hi,

I like the new interface! I do have a weird issue when migrating from 4.10 to 4.12. In sim everything works great but when I make the executable in IAR and load through ST Util the first screen after reset is black. If I touch an area of the panel that has a button or touch area it will present the screen properly and everything will work as normal. Any idea why this would happen between 4.10 and 4.12?

scottSD
Senior III

I really like the Shape widget! It will be very useful for one of my applications. I haven't done much with the Texture Mapper widget, but it looks very promising as well.

scottSD
Senior III

Question about this release:

Is there an updated "doc site" for 4.12.3?

The following link appears to be for 4.10.0:

https://www.touchgfx.com/documentation/html/index.html

You can use the previous version of the F769-DISCO AT. It must be a mistake that it's been removed - It's a simple fix. I'll try to find the time to show you how to force the AT to accept 16bpp.

/Martin

Also, glad you like the new GUI!

Re: 24bpp - If you have bitmaps with gradients you'll appreciate 24bpp 🙂

/Martin