cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB4700/4710 I2C register details

Central SUPPORT
Senior II

I am working on a project using a few STUSB4710 and some STM32F0 family microcontrollers. I am looking for details about the registers of the STUSB4710. In the datasheet I can find only the I2C register map and the details of the PDO registers but nothing about the others registers. Could you please send me any documentation about I2C registers to help software team to develop the firmware around the STUSB4710.

NOTE: This question and answer originated from a customer support case which was handled by us. We regularly review support cases and add any helpful ones here for all to benefit from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

Please see attached PDF. It contains the STUSB4700 register map plus description of each bit. In fact, it also applies to STUSB4710 which is using a subset of the 4700 refgister set. Both analog parts are different, but the digital part is shared between both products.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

Please see attached PDF. It contains the STUSB4700 register map plus description of each bit. In fact, it also applies to STUSB4710 which is using a subset of the 4700 refgister set. Both analog parts are different, but the digital part is shared between both products.

Dear Support

Thank you for posting the register map. I wonder why this document isn't linked in the resources to the STUSB4710. I expected it there.

It seems to be an improvement to your documentation .

Kind regards

Christian

Dear all

I read back the CC_HW_FAULT_STATUS_1 register. The VCONN_SW_RVP_FAULT_CC1 is set. What does that mean?

Kind regards

Christian

AReng.1
Associate

Hello,

Anyone has more info about how to configure the PDO profiles. DPM_SRC_PDOX registers on the datasheet doesn't have any useful information

jjona.1
Associate

Dear Support,

can you please give me further informations of the register?

I want to choose freely the voltage of the PDOs, so I must know which bits I have to set for example in register 0x81-0x84.

Thanks for helping me.

Jonas

HSpie.1
Associate

Thank you for the register map of the STUSB4700,

but is there no map for the STUSB4710 available?

(as the addresses are not the same, I need to match the register meaning manually based on the names which are unfortunately also not consistent - for some of the registers I am pretty sure regarding the match, for others not...)

A piece of example code for the STUSB4710 would also help, but also there I found just code for the 4700.

Best regards,

Hansjoerg