cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157C-DK2 Bluetooth mesh

RichM1
Associate

I have a STM32MP157C-DK2 eval kit and am looking into Bluetooth mesh. According to Murata the wireless \ bluetooth module that contains a Cypress part is mesh compliant and the board has v5.50 of BlueZ so theoretically the version of Linux supports it. Unfortunately it seems to have very minimal Bluetooth tools on the device (i.e. none) and I have been trying to get meshctl which seems to involve cross compiling in on ubuntu but without much success. Has anybody had any luck in doing this or have got mesh working?

1 REPLY 1
Christophe Guibout
ST Employee

Hi,

In the Starter Package image, there are some BT tools (i.e. hcitool, hciconfig, bluetoothctl) but meshctl is not part of this default configuration.

To get meshctl, you need to rebuild bluez5 with the Distribution Package which makes possible to customize userland and rebuild applications.

Enable mesh support in bluez by adding the following line in <Yocto source tree>/layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-connectivity/bluez5/bluez5_%.bbappend:

PACKAGECONFIG_append = " mesh"

It will add meshctl in the built image.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.