cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32F4 Discovery board to control AC servo motor driver

KTruo.229
Associate

Hi All,

I'm trying to interface the STM32F4 Discovery board with an AC Servo drive. So basically, I have this hex file of a closed source firmware, whose function is to, on one side, interface with PC through USE port, and on the other side, send PWM + DIR signal to control a servo drive in torque control mode.

Following diagrams are all I have from the author of this firmware.

0690X00000AqK7aQAF.jpg0690X00000AqK7VQAV.png

So output signal for PWM is PE9 and DIR is PE11.

Now, i've dug through the servo drive manual, and below is the closest wiring I can find from the manual0690X00000AqK8TQAV.png

As you can see here, the manual mentions 5V TTL signal. However, if I'm not wrong, output from PE9 and PE11 are 3.3V CMOS signal, therefore, I do not know whether I can follow this wiring instruction to link up the STM32F4 to the servo drive.

Is there a difference in wiring for a 5V TTL PWM signal and 3.3V CMOS PWM signal?

Can someone also please explain to me the wiring configuration above and what is the purpose of the internal wiring of the Servo drive (before the optocoupler)?

Here is the link to the servo drive manual https://www.hiwin.com/pdf/d2_drive_user_manual.pdf

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
kalai
Associate II

hi you solve this one now i am also facing same problem ,you can give some suggestion for this one 

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@kalai The thread is already more than three years old and was probably answered on another website, maybe that will help you?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.