cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet on NUCLEO-F746ZG not working

DBurr
Senior

I'm using a NUCLEO-F746ZG development board and trying to get Ethernet working but so far it isn't even pingable. I'm using STM32CubeIDE and all recommended settings. I've already been able to get Ethernet working on a STM32F746-DISCOVERY. Any suggestions that I could try are appreciated. My first thoughts are that the System Clock Config is incorrect but I tried the config in an example project and still nothing, there is no sign of life over Ethernet!

Thanks,

Doug Burrell

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

A development board as in your own custom board?

If it runs on a discovery board with the same processor, but not with your board, it sounds like a layout issue. Wireshark can help debug if anything is being sent on that port or not.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

No, both boards are ST eval boards. I've tried using wireshark but there's no Ethernet activity whatsoever with the Nucleo board.

TDK
Guru

The HSE is different on those. Did you adjust the code for that? Might be worth it to show some evidence that the clock is configured correctly on both.

Are the schematics for the ethernet peripheral the same on both boards?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

So far I've been using the code to configure the clocks from STM32Cube that gets auto generated. It's setting the system clock to 72MHz and also the ethernet Peripheral Clock.

I don't what if the schematic is the same or not, I'll have a look.

I have things somewhat working now on the Nucleo-F746ZG board now. When I was using CMSIS V2 the board was constantly going into a hard fault while loop. I'm now using CMSIS V1 and it appears to be working. I also had to tweak the HSE settings to set the HCLK to 216MHz. I'll start another discussion thread to address this RTOS problem.