cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 button instructions?

DLim.16
Associate II

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find the instructions are for the buttons on the SensorTile box? I think I messed up the software of the device by pressing the buttons in random sequences and combinations. It worked when I experimented it for the first time out of the box, but later, the Android app no longer detects the device.

How should I troubleshoot this? Is there a button sequence or function that resets the device?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Hi @DLim.16​ , some details about the ST.box buttons are explained in the UM2626 User Manual.

For example, for the PWR and BOOT buttons: the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 enters DFU mode by pressing the boot button and the power button at the same time or by sending the DFU command using the STBLESensor app debug console.

For the USER button: after the boot, press the user button to start/stop the SD data log.

You maybe entered the dfu mode... in this case you could check it using the DfuSeDemo tool ad refresh the dfu file on ST.box. Regards

DLim.16
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for the link. Let's say now that my device is in DFU mode, how do I get my system to detect the device still in order to update the dfu file? Is the STLINK/V2 debugger cable and adapter necessary in this process? What is the function of the usb cable anyway? Only to log data?

Thanks.

​If you want to enter (or esc) dfu mode, you have to unplug the battery from the ST.box, press the BOOT button and plug it to your PC via USB cable while keeping the button pressed. You can now release the button. Open the DfuseDemo app and check if your device is recognized. If so, you can safely release the dfu mode on the device or flash a .dfu file. No need of the STLink in case of flashing via dfu. Regards

I followed your instructions, but It appears that my system doesn't recognize the device. Where can I get the USB driver for this device?

Thanks.

​You can install the STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver (here), but they should be already included in the STLink package...

Looks like I may have bricked my device from random button pressing... My system already has the driver, I've even reinstalled and repaired the driver. Nothing works.

But did you follow exactly the instruction for the dfu mode? I wrote them here in more details (last post).

If so, there is the possibility to have damaged the device, especially if you pressed buttons while ST.box was powered (either from the battery or from the USB cable) :sad_but_relieved_face:

Regards

DLim.16
Associate II

I did follow exactly the instructions for dfu mode. It's very likely that I have damaged the device. I'm afraid I did try pressing the buttons in every possible situation you described, haha. Thanks anyway though, Eleon!