cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of LCD drivers supported by TouchGFX ?

R.
Associate II

Hello,

I want to know about the display drivers which touchgfx supported directly, so that I can decide which LCD suitable with TouchGFX like TouchGFX supports ILI9325 and OTM8009a.

But I want to know complete lcd driver list.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @R.​,

TouchGFX is display agnostic, in a sense, so we don't support display drivers. We have support for some "display interfaces", however. The drivers are up to the user to integrate.

But, we do have application templates that are based on the drivers that you mention because of the display attached to the board. So i can't give you a complete driver list =) Because it would be inifinitely long.

TouchGFX is a framework that renders screens into memory. It is up to the user (CubeMX can help in cases of LTDC/DSI) to specify how that data should be transferred to the display. We have TouchGFX running on Parallel RGB displays, SPI displays, DSI displays, e-ink, etc. You can use anything.

Have you made any considerations as to the dimensions and interface type?

/Martin

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @R.​,

TouchGFX is display agnostic, in a sense, so we don't support display drivers. We have support for some "display interfaces", however. The drivers are up to the user to integrate.

But, we do have application templates that are based on the drivers that you mention because of the display attached to the board. So i can't give you a complete driver list =) Because it would be inifinitely long.

TouchGFX is a framework that renders screens into memory. It is up to the user (CubeMX can help in cases of LTDC/DSI) to specify how that data should be transferred to the display. We have TouchGFX running on Parallel RGB displays, SPI displays, DSI displays, e-ink, etc. You can use anything.

Have you made any considerations as to the dimensions and interface type?

/Martin

R.
Associate II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

Thanks for reply.

I have a 7" display (ER-TFTM070-4 v2.1) with driver SSD1963QL9. I have to integrate with STM32 through parallel interface and i want to make graphics on TouchGFX.

Now, how can i integrate this display with STM32 and TouchGFX ?

Previously, I had a Newhaven Display (NHD-7.0-800480FT-CSXV-CTP) with driver FT813. But i didn't find touchgfx support on that. The controller I used was STM32F407VG. At last, I have to done command line graphics using Keil uVision.

So, Please help me to find out integration among STM32, Display, TouchGFX and Keil uVision.

Thanks in advance.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

​We have ready-to-go HAL implementations for F4 and F7 with TFT controllers that work for parallel RGB displays.

I see that SSD1963QL9 supports 8080/6080 mode with a built in framebuffer in SRAM. Start by developing a driver for this controller so that you can actually transfer things from a framebuffer to the display and i can help you from there to integrate it with TouchGFX.

/Martin

R.
Associate II

Ok 😊

Now, I am working on driver for this controller. After completion, I will contact you for further process.

Thanks.

I try a lot of time to undestand how to use 7" RPI display to my STM32F7. There is very less information in internet. May be ST wants make some guide "Fast start with LVDS displays in CubeMX" @Martin KJELDSEN​ ?

Hi @dungeonlords789​,

The RPi 7" display is a DSI display. We're working on adding dedicated DSI support for the TouchGFX Generator inside CubeMX. But displays are not a concern of CubeMX - it is for micros only. I'm assuming you've already connected your display to the DSI controller on the F7. You'll find some inspiration for how to do DSI integration with TouchGFX in the Application Templates. Some notes:

• We use adapted command mode in our TouchGFXHAL for DSI capable boards to transfer chunks of the framebuffer. This helps with tearing, especially on dense displays (Like a 800x480 on some ST boards).
  • You can check the CubeMX configuration for these ATs to see how the DSI host is configured.
  • Check TouchGFXHAL.cpp for STM32F769-DISCO application template through the TouchGFX Designer.

/Martin

Let's just keep this thread going with your status.

I am sorry for incorrect link in prev post. This is correct MIPI DSI display example LS055R1SX04

As datasheet says it has got 50 pins connector (20 MIPI pins). I also read AN4860.

Let me summarize. Can not understand anything.

MKoca.1
Senior

Hello first. I did quite a bit of practice using CubeMx with the STM32F429 board and TouchGFX with the display on it. But now I want to use a 7inch different screen with STM32F429. Although I did a lot of research on the internet, I could not find a 7 "LCD display that supports TouchGFX. Do you have any suggestions that I can use STM32F429, 7" touch screen and TouchGFX together? Thank you from now. @Martin KJELDSEN