cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure stm32 in stm32CubeIDE for touchGFX?

Hgang
Associate

1.what SOCs that can support the touchGFX now?

2.stm32LR9 should support touchCFX,but in stm32CubeIDE,I can not make the touchGFX enable,just STemWin enable,what interfaces that I must enable.I refer the STM32F429 example, configure the CRC,DMA2D,FreeRTOS,LTDC,TIM7,RCC,SYS.

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

TouchGFX support through CubeMX (Either standalone or from CubeIDE) is locked to F4 and F7 right now.

L4/H7 support will be in version 6.0, i think. We're working on something interesting which may remedy these "locks" which are wholly unnecessary.

/Martin

Hgang
Associate

Hi Martin,

thank your reply.

I will want to use STM32L476.now in stm32cubeMX or stm32cubeIDE not support the touchGFX,but it can support the touchGFX in hardware.

so how to adapt the touchGFX to the SOCs that not F4 or F7,any documents to refer ?

Robbie!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Robbie,

You could get some inspiration from the L4 based Application Templates you see from the designer. Also take a look at this: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204993902-Porting-to-STM32F4-F7-boards.

Overall you need at least the following to make a port of TouchGFX to run on any board:

1. Specify a memory address that TouchGFX can render into
  2. Drive TouchGFX forward by using an external event (usually vsync, te signal from display, hardware timer, ...)
  3. Transfer your framebuffer to your display. We provide concrete HAL for F4 and F7 based MCUs with TFT controllers. If you have a DSI interface we have implementations for F469,F769 and some L4 you can get some inspirations from (Application Templates)

I know that may not be enough to go on but Let me know if you have any questions.

/Martin