cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i download project from STM32CubeIDE to micro controller to make it work without USB connection with PC, only with power supply?

SMac
Associate II

Can't find any drop down menu or other pointer to this functionality in STM32CubeIDE v. 1.0.2. My stm32 device - STM32 F429ZI - Nucleo. Please, help me to solve the problem?

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

Do you want to flash the chip without a USB connection?

Or do you want your program to run after flashing, and after disconnecting the USB cable?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SMac
Associate II

I want my program (after building in STM32CubeIde v. 1.0.2) to run AFTER disconnecting the USB cable.

Once your program is in flash, you can supply power some other way and your program will run once it receives power. For example, using an external power supply.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SMac
Associate II

Do you mean that since i have run once my program in debug mode on device, it apears in flash and after that the one thing i need to do is to connect it to external power supply and disconnect from USB?

Yes, that is typically what happens. Running a program will download it to the flash as the first step.
SMac
Associate II

Unfortunately, after i disconnect USB and leave only power supply, my stm device turns off :(

Time to break out the multimeter.
Does it still have power? Is the NRST pin being held low by something?

What version of firmware is running on the ST-LINK? What power supply jumpers are set? You could try removing SB111

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..