cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest me stm32 evaluation board having some pre example on touch screen display.

ykn
Senior

6 REPLIES 6

STM32H745I-DISCO​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

thank you..

this board used internal LCD-TFT cotroller.

suppose i want to use external graphics controller like SSD1963, because it has inbuilt 1215Kbytes of SRAM. so can you tell which would be cost effective, display with controller or display with without controller.

Perhaps look at boards from WaveShare, some of the minimal designs, with pin breakout, would allow you to wire a display​ to the external FMC bus.

Seem to recall GHI having a few screen options and those using controller chips.

Suspect you'll need to dig a bit to find boards that address your specific needs and budgetary​ goals.

The better model looks to be an STM32 with external SDRAM and DSI connectivity to a display. See F769I and H747I DISCO boards.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Maybe the key question here is not "which board..." but "does such board come with example software allowing to compare...".

ST is probably not really interested in producing such, as they want to sell thechips with LTDC (read more expensive). For example, the display used on the 'F429 Disco has a QVGA display with controller which can operate either with external and internal controller, but AFAIK there's no example code using the internal-controller mode (and the board's design is not optimal to showcase that mode either).

JW

mikroe also providing the board TFT display and they are not using internal LTDC ,

they are using ssd1963 graphics controller(https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia-7-stm32f7).

is that any benefit to use external controller. i hardly know about this TFT display with touch screen.

Looks good at the first glance.

The internal controller takes up memory bandwidth; beyond a certain size x color depth it's simply unfeasible. See AN4861.

The external controller costs money.

There may be more nuanced differences than this, but these are roughly the main game changers.

JW