cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive is not shown in my computer in example of STM32F769I_EVAL board testing

dbgarasiya
Senior II

Hello ,

i am testin my STM32F769I_EVAL board for USB Host Mass storage example from below project example

C:\Users\Graffin01\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\MSC_Standalone\SW4STM32

but i could not see mass storage drive in my computer

i could only explore files on lcd

how i could see drive of usb flash disk in my computer?

Best Regards

Dipk Garasiya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As the name of the example program suggests - your STM32F769 acts as a USB_Host.

In the readme.txt (one folder level above) it says:

When the application is started, the connected USB flash disk device is detected in MSC mode and gets

initialized. The STM32 MCU behaves as a MSC Host, it enumerates the device and extracts VID, PID,

manufacturer name, Serial no and product name information and displays it on the LCD screen.

This application is based on read/write file and explore the USB flash disk content trough a MSC routine.

You should use one of the examples for USB_Device if you want to see the EVAL on your computer.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As the name of the example program suggests - your STM32F769 acts as a USB_Host.

In the readme.txt (one folder level above) it says:

When the application is started, the connected USB flash disk device is detected in MSC mode and gets

initialized. The STM32 MCU behaves as a MSC Host, it enumerates the device and extracts VID, PID,

manufacturer name, Serial no and product name information and displays it on the LCD screen.

This application is based on read/write file and explore the USB flash disk content trough a MSC routine.

You should use one of the examples for USB_Device if you want to see the EVAL on your computer.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
dbgarasiya
Senior II

Thanks for reply .........