cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-BLE1 on stm32wb

ANist
Associate III

I see that cubemx shows x-cube-ble1 as an available sw package for a stm32wb55 project. Is it possible to use the x-cube-ble1 stack on the wb series? I'm having a hard time in getting the flow of how a ble app is configured on the wb, in this forum someone suggested me to read the ble1 and ble2 programming guidelines and they seem clearer and better explained than the wb wireless application notes. Sorry for the basic questio, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​I am not aware of the x-cube-ble1project based on a shield to be available as a sw package being adapted to the STM32WB Nucleo pack.

Could you point me to the source of this information so that I can check?

ANist
Associate III

Well I have found it as an available package from cubeMX package manager, after some research I think one can use it on the wb series after reimplementing the interface with the M0, since the package is designed to run over UART. Too much effort I guess, too bad becauste it was pretty well documented.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Too much effort? it depends how fast you want your project runing.

A X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 shield mounted on a NUCLEO-L476RG board is close to the STM32WB Nucleo board but the SW to configure an application on the STM32WB is already available in the CubeWB FW package with a lot of examples that should replicate the use case you want to implement with the X-CUBE-BLE1 project.

ANist
Associate III

Yeah you are right, I just got overwhelmed by the abstraction and complexity of the project examples regarding the ble stack, tinkering with he transparent mode helped me a lot in understanding the flow of things