cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-2 : problem with sleep state

DActi
Associate II

Hello,

I have a problem with the bluenrg-2. I'm using a STEVAL-IDB008V2.

I measured the current while in different sleep state and here are the results :

• CPU-HALT : 1.6 mA
  • WAKETIMER : 1.9 mA
  • NOTIMER : some nA.

The problem is that I'm supposed to have some µA in WAKETIMER but I have more than in CPU-HALT.

I found that I'm around 1.6 mA when I'm in the BlueNRG_Sleep() function until the 4 last lines of the function CS_contextSave().

I tried with the simpliest code possible but I still have the problem.

Any idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DActi
Associate II

After discussion with ST's support, the WAKETIMER mode seems to work only if BLE is active.

It's clearly a bug but nobody knows where it comes from.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DActi
Associate II

After some experiments, I found that in some cases, the WAKETIMER is working and I have around 40 µA.

But with my code, I still have the problem. Something must be different, I will continue to investigate.

DActi
Associate II

After discussion with ST's support, the WAKETIMER mode seems to work only if BLE is active.

It's clearly a bug but nobody knows where it comes from.

MElna.1
Associate

Hi @DActi​ what do you mean by BLE is acive, i.e. you mean not initializing the BLE stack at all or what?

Thanks in advance

Hi @DActi​ 

I'm facing a similar issue. Can you please elaborate on what it means by "BLE Active"?

> After discussion with ST's support, the WAKETIMER mode seems to work only if BLE is active.

This doesn't conform to what i understand.

WAKETIMER is supposed to be the timer (as a wake-up source) to wake the device when it is in Sleep mode. The BLE radio is off

Please reference UM2071 fore power consumption measurements. Users shall be able to measure the Sleep mode consumption close to 0.9 uA, with 32 kHz XO on and internal DCDC converter active.

Hi @Winfred LU​ 

The blueNRG sleep problem is faced by many users. See here: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BztPOl/bluenrg2-vtimer-wakeup-the-system-every-15-sec

Even I am facing the same issue mentioned in the link above ^. I have also filed support case #00131292 for the same. Can you please look into it and connect me with the concerned teams? I haven't received any communication from the support case as well.

Thanks

Commented to that thread.

The 15-second waking up is an expected behavior.

That doesn't seem to be the same issue with this thread.