cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX (linux OS) Version 5.3.0 generates a devicetree file which is not compiling.

Aurelian Lazarut
Associate II

I upgraded CubeMX (linux OS) to Version 5.3.0 and the devicetree file is not compiling anymore.

I'm attaching the ioc File and the dts for reference.

it seems some properties (automatically generated) have the string "sleep_sleep" appended which seems wrong to me - I corrected these properties (by editing the dts file) - I got it to compile successfully but the kernel doesn't start now.

This process was working fine with an older CubeMX.

Aurelian

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

Thanks to raise this issue and sorry for inconvenience.

It will require few days to analyze. I will keep you posted.

You mention Linux OS. Did you test and find a different behavior with Windows version ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Aurelian Lazarut
Associate II

I'm using a linux machine for development (cross compliling for STM32MPxxx) - however I'm a hardware engineer. I came across this bug when I was trying to enable UART7 & USART3 with RTS/CTS - in the previous version of CubeMx I got the two serial ports working (the device tree was fine) but the flow control wasn't working so I attempted to upgrade CubeMX hoping for the best.

I would be nice to have the uarts/usarts working withor w/o flow control working.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Aurelian

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

I failed to reproduce your issue with "sleep_sleep" concatenation in Device Tree with CubeMX5.3.

Surprisingly when I open project you have attached I have been prompt to migrate a project from CubeMX5.2.1 not CubeMX5.3.

When moving your project to 5.3 did you get prompt and did you choose "migrate" ?

For RTS/CTS topic with UART7 and USART3 we are working on it will soon give feedback on the relevant post.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Just reproduce the problem by choosing to not migrate the project.

I will escalate this point internally

BR,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN