cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745 dual core communication

MMatu
Associate III

Hello

Since the MCU is relatively new and there are few references related to it I would like to ask if you are familiar of and could recommend any application note/tutorial/examples which clearly explain communication between CM7 and CM4 cores, sharing memory, etc.? My general goal is to divide processing of samples comming from an ADC and synchronize the operations to speed up computation time.

At this moment I'm using Nucleo H745 board and CubeMX to generate initial CPU clock ​configuration in an SW4STM project.

Thank you in advance for all recommendations and remarks.​

2 REPLIES 2

Pretty sure the RM has a big diagram showing where everything is attached and plumbed.

ST uses the HSEM​ peripheral to signal between units. Perhaps look at the dual core examples under the HAL H7 trees in the CubeH7 package.

Most of the peripherals and a sizable amount of RAM blocks are grouped with the M4, it was designed to manage the bulk of the IO tasks.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much for your reply. I have already checked the examples in CubeH7 package however they are limited mostly to booting sequences (90% of the code is the same as generated by CubeMX) and handling GPIO separately by different cores. It is something to begin with after all but IMO could be documented better.