cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPU Cstop - stm32mp157c-dk2

IYetk
Associate III

Hello,

I am applying the second scenario of example openamp_tty_echo_wakeup.

The scenario is to wake up and make the system run again from "MCU : running and MPU :Cstop".

My question: When MPU goes in Cstop mode with the command "echo mem > /sys/power/state", linux user space is suspended. Can linux do something in the background in this situation ? For example saving the messages in a file coming from M4 (ch0).

If not, do I need to bring MPU to Cstandby mode for this porpose ? I read the power modes in wiki,other docs and couldnt see any functional difference between MPU Cstop and MPU Cstandby.

Is there any command to bring the system from MCU : running and MPU :running" to "MCU : running and MPU :Cstandby" ?

(there is no example for this scenario)

tnx

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @IYetk​ 

Doing "echo mem > /sys/power/state" put the whole linux and A7 in Low Power mode.

Whatever CStop or CStandby, linux is doing nothing in background.

Most of the time sending a message from M4 will be a wakeup source for A7.

>> Is there any command to bring the system from MCU : running and MPU :running" to "MCU : running and MPU :Cstandby" ?

The targeted low power mode is defined by the wake-up source.

It's the same command to enter the mode

Refer to AN5109

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group1/26/e6/ee/56/08/2f/4e/5c/DM00449434/files/DM00449434.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00449434.pdf

Note that we do NOT recommend this strategy. Wakeup A7 from CStandby request a MPU reset and complete Linux boot sequence.

This maybe long, and present many challenges to not impact the M4 running process.

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
IYetk
Associate III

thanks. it helped