cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicated with STEVAL-MKI110v1 using SPI?

DLim.16
Associate II

Hi,

I am using Freedom K64F microcontroller, Kinetis Design Studio 3.2 IDE, and MQX4.2 RTOS for my project. I haven't been able to read a register correctly from the ais328dq accelerometer using SPI. I have verified with a logic analyzer that the clock pulses and the SPI transactions are correct (right commands, CS low, right wiring). But I still can't read a register or modify a register.

Any idea how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DLim.16​ , I'm not practice of Freedom K64F microcontroller, but I suggest you to start from ais328dq driver libraries on Github, to check if your code is ok. Regards

Sounds good, thanks for the resource! Just out of curiosity, how does ST log data reliably at the highest possible output data rate of the device such as an accelerometer without interfering the MCU from running the main tasks?

I'm using the freedom board because it has an SD card slot for storing data. I'm also thinking of switching to SPI because it has more reliable data transfer than I2C.

Thanks.

How does ST log data reliably at the highest possible output data rate of the device such as an accelerometer without interfering the MCU from running the main tasks?

Better to ask your question to the STM32 MCUs community... 😉 I added the topic. Regards