cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Firmware Package ?

MQ
Associate II

There would be a training course for STM32G4 in our city on Oct.22, I was accepted and was asked to install 3 software:

1.STM32CubeMX V5.2.1

2.STM32CubeG4 Firmware Package

3.IAR EWARM V8.40.1

I have installed the first one, while the second is more than 680 MB, when I want to extract it, my computer just stopped there, I tried several times, all the same. My computer is HP Z-workstation, so how could I install these packages ? Then training notification said, one could install the package in STM32CubeMX V5.2.1, but I could not find the entry. Any suggestion ?

3 REPLIES 3

Perhaps work with your IT dept?

Check for things like AV blocking the install, or firewall/proxy settings blocking downloads. Version of Java/JRE installed.

The CubeG4 package can be downloaded from here https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeg4.html

And then installed manually (From Local) into CubeMX

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MQ
Associate II

Thanks, your link works.

MQ
Associate II

Thank you again, your file inspired me. When I downloaded and began to extract it, it responded same with before, while I was confused and didn't know what to do, it was starting, so this inspired maybe I waited not long enough before, when I restarted my file, I waited and waited, then it was start to extract.

My file is near 1.9 G, so waiting for longer time is reasonable.