cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stablest way to implement TouchGFX on STM32F769-Discovery

TheCarterII
Associate II

Hello,

This question is mostly for @Martin KJELDSEN​  but thought it might be good for community.

After reading mosts the post and watching the youtube videos would the safest way to implement touchgfx be going through the touchgfx designer and just using a text editor for specific implementations such as the method shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQO7zhX0e0Q

?

I am just using this framework for my senior project and so far am having the most success using this method.

I haven't been able to get CubeIDE to work even with the various troubleshooting methods.

The only downside is the generated FreeRTOS with touchgfx is V8.x.x. But that'll be easier to port/change since it should be a drop in replacement.

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @TheCarterII​,

You're right that CubeIDE/CubeMX integration is shaky, at best, right now. If you're doing relatively simple applications and you won't really need access to a debugger, you may just use the arm-gcc enabled makefiles that we provide through the designer to run on the board.

IDE wise we use a variety here with success: Emacs, Vim, Visual Studio Pro, Visual Studio Code, Sublime text. We provide visual studio projects through the simulator/ folder of our application templates that you can use to debug on windows.

/Martin