cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two NUCLEO(H743 & F722) boards and a Discovery board (F407). I am able to connect to the discovery board with ST link, however the NUCLEO boards will not connect or show up as USB devices. Am i missing something?

JOFla
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JOFla
Associate II

Thanks Everyone. looks like i have 3 USB cables that provide power but not data. I was able to find an old cable that worked. thanks for the help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

The ST-LINK USB would connector on North end of the board, the USB connectivity to the F7 chip via the South end.

Don't connect through a hub or docking station.

Try different cables/ports.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JOFla
Associate II

Thanks for the response Clive. I have tried multiple USB ports and having both connectors attach or just the ST-Link end. Windows will still not recognize that the board is connected. I can use the Discovery board with the same USB port and it works. Is there a power issue with NUCLEO Vs Discovery?

The old F4 discovery board does not provide a CDC or MSC instance like the later model devices.

What version of Windows? DELL?

Do Flash drives work on the system, or is their policy or AV software preventing there use?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

For Windows, does the Nucleo board show up as "unrecognized device" in the hardware manager, or not at all ?

If possible, cross-check with other PCs / operating systems. Like using the "lsusb" command under Linux/MacOS.

JOFla
Associate II

Hey Clive and OZone, The Nucleo boards do not show up as a device at all. I have tried Win10 Desktop and Win7 Laptop. would i be able to use the ST-Link on the Disc board to program the Nucleo 144?

Cheers

Did you check the Nucleo user manual, like here ? https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00244518.pdf

See sect. 5.1, getting started, power source selection. When connecting, at least the green power LED should turn on.

BTW, checking the "Data brief" for the F722 Nucleo, almost 22 MByte for a 7-page PDF. WTF ???

JOFla
Associate II

Thanks Everyone. looks like i have 3 USB cables that provide power but not data. I was able to find an old cable that worked. thanks for the help

Charging cables, Ok well that would explain the issue.