cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX can't it generate code for peripherals like GPIO, etc for H7.

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

To port the code from STM32F7 to STM32H7, I have got latest version of CubeMX and H7 firmware package. when I configure one of the GPIO pins on F7, CubeMX generates initialization code automatically. but it does not generate initialization code for GPIO on H7. Why is that CubeMX works for F7 but not for H7. Why can't it generate code for peripherals like GPIO, etc for H7?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

​you need to make a "right" click on pin and you will find the Pin Reserved option as bellow:

0690X00000AQmYhQAL.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @ramkumarkoppu​ ,

Are you working with H7 dual core ?

Thanks,

Khouloud.

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

Yes, I am.

So you need to specify in which context you need this pin.

Right click on pin then under "Pin Reserved" Choose one of the 2 Cortex.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

I don't see such an option.

In the CubeMX, I choosen, STM3247XIHX, GPIO PI12, when I click on it I have options to choose from Reset_State, LTDC_HSYNC, GPIO_Input, GPIO_Output, GPIO_Analog, EVENTOUT, GPIO_EXTI12. I have selected GPIO_OUTPUT, in the project manager, selected MDK-ARM V5 as the Toolchain, Copy only the necessary library files, In the generated Keil project, There is no initialization code for GPIO output mode for pin PI12.

​you need to make a "right" click on pin and you will find the Pin Reserved option as bellow:

0690X00000AQmYhQAL.png

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

Thank you. It worked. Do you have FreeRTOS port or ST library or any recommended method example code for communication between M7 and M4 cores on this SoC?

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

Hi @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ Can you share simple example IAR/Keil project for Only M4 core on STM32H7 to get started with M4 debugging please? I will debug on STM32H747-DISCO board.

​Hello @ramkumarkoppu​ ,

You can find some examples under C:\Users\..\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0RC6\Projects.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​simple expl: