cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files when generating project with CubeMX 5.3.0 for SW4STM32?

ALiss
Associate II

Hello,

I am using STM32CubeMX 5.3.0 for Mac OSX Sierra with the STM32F746G-DISCO. I am successfully generating a project to use with the Eclipse plugin for SW4STM32. However, there is an error when building the project, stemming from a missing linker script ".ld". I also have to clarify in the compiler arguments to add the processor "-mcpu=cortex-m7".

It might sound a bit lazy, counting on the CubeMX software to do all the heavy lifting, but isn't the code generation supposed to provide a LinkerScript? Could there be something wrong with the project setup in CubeMX? I am just trying to get a minimal project working when building and debugging using SW4STM32.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ALiss
Associate II

Solution: I switched IDE to STM32CubeIDE. Using the project creation along with the Device Connfiguration tool I got it working. I still don't know about the functionality of CubeMX when creating projects for Eclipse with SW4STM32 plugin, it didn't seem to work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ALiss
Associate II

Solution: I switched IDE to STM32CubeIDE. Using the project creation along with the Device Connfiguration tool I got it working. I still don't know about the functionality of CubeMX when creating projects for Eclipse with SW4STM32 plugin, it didn't seem to work.