cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface with STEVAL-MKI197V1 using STEVAL-MKI109V3?

DLim.16
Associate II

Hi,

The STEVAL-MKI109V3 datasheet says that it supports the LSM6DSOX on the STEVAL-MKI197V1, but I get the following error in UNICO GUI saying that it is not supported by the motherboard.

Any idea how I should troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Hi @DLim.16​ , first of all make sure you plugged the dil24 in the correct orientation on the ProfiMEMS tool, and which LEDs are ON on the motherboard. From a FW p.o.v., you should also check which .dfu version you downloaded on the STEVAL-MKI109V3. Is it the ProfiMEMSToolV3.6.4.dfu? You can find it at folder ...\MEMS_Demonstration_Kit_SW_package_v9_2_WINDOWS\DFU\ProfiMEMSTool board. If you are already here, you can check if Unico connects the Steval selection LSM6DSO (and not DSOX) and, finally, if still not working you should send me the picture of the top side of the device package, to check if it is correctly a DSOX. Regards

Btw please consider also these indications provided by @Miroslav BATEK​ 

Hi Eleon,

My responds to your suggestions are in the following:

1) The dil24 is plugged in the correct orientation

2) Yellow and red LEDs are on, solid

3) It appears that ProfiMEMSToolV3.6.4.dfu was downloaded. The firmware was upgraded again, just in case. The error went away, but Unico crashes everytime when LSM6DSO or DSOX was selected. The GUI also crashes when the plotting tab was selected when experimenting with STEVAL-MKI141V2.

4) Not sure top side of which device you are talking about so I am sending pictures of both.

Let me know what my next step should be.

Thanks!

Thank you for the details @DLim.16​ , I was referring to the DSOX package, but no problem.

So it doesn't appear to be a driver conflict, because you can go in DFU mode and download the FW on the ProfiMEMS. Moreover, the error you get now is different from your previous one, right? I suggest you to reinstall Unico GUI and try again. Btw do you have another dil24 for checking if is a device issue...? Regards

Correct, I'm getting a different error now.

I reinstalled UNICO GUI, and got a new error... It looks like the GUI can't detect the motherboard automatically now. I attached a picture for your reference. The workaround to this is to disable the "automatic port detection", and manually connect it in the next GUI window, and then it works, well at least for HTS221.

But for LSM6DSOX, the GUI still crashes... and the same thing happened when the plotting feature was selected.

I have tried another EVAL board, same result. They're both new devices, by the way.

Any idea?

Thanks.

You could try either to reinstall STM32 drivers or to change USB port... I know it's quite a stupid suggestion but it's very strange that the Unico connects with the LSM6DSOX sensor and then crashes... you should check the stability of the USB connection... Regards

Good news Eleon, I think... I've done everything you suggested, but was unsuccessful. FYI, I'm using Windows 7. Then, I tried it on my personal system, which is Windows 8, and it worked. Everything works i.e. data plotting and no more crashes. So does that mean there might be some issues when using it on Windows 7?

Thanks.

I tried the device on another Windows 7 machine and it worked! Looks like my old system was causing the problem.

​But does it crashes only with LSM6DSOX and not e.g. with HTS221 on the first PC?