cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Motor direction using ST Motor Control Workbench 'Monitor' be changed when motor is running?

BWood
Associate

I am using the ST Motor Control Workbench V5.4.1.19309 with a brushless DC motor, Nanotec DB59L024035-A. I have successfully profiled the motor using 'Motor Profiler 5.41. The motor parameters and Speed Sensing have been set to use Hall Sensors. When I use the Workbench Monitor function to start and stop the motor in either direction, the motor spins as expected. However, when I attempt to switch motor direction while the motor is running, the motor stops with either a 'speed feedback' error or an 'over-voltage' error. Should the motor algorithms allow the motor direction to be rapidly changed while the motor is running? - I would have expected the code to slow the motor to a stop, and then ramp the motor speed up in the opposite direction.

3 REPLIES 3
N_1
Associate II

Hy BWood,

Did you solve this problem? I have the exact same, and I didn't get answer :( Can you help me?

Hi,
I’m sorry to say that I never got the time to solve that problem – I did discover that my motor driver board, a B-G431B-ESC1, had a rather strange looking signal on one of the Hall sensor inputs (looked like another signal was being superimposed on the Hall signal from the motor), so suspect that may have been causing problems. Unfortunately, I only had the one driver board, so couldn’t progress any further in the time I had available.
Cheers,
Brian
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards