cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSOX User Offset - does the MLC use it?

NGern
Associate II

In app note 5272 page 19, it shows that we can apply a user offset to the accelerometer (the USER OFFSET block). It also looks like the "Advanced functions" branches off before the Digital HP filter, Slope Filter, and User Offset. So my question is - if I apply a user offset, does the MLC use it? I'd imagine that the User Offset could be used as a type of accelerometer calibration, but I'm not sure if the MLC takes advantage of it.

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NGern​ , I suggest you to not use it. The user offset can be of course used as a compensation parameter, that is automatically applied to raw data when you perform standard measures. However, as shown in the figure below (p. 4 of AN5259). in the accelerometer data acquisition chain case the MLC digital block is placed before the compensation of the user offset. So, if you want to build your own MLC, you should not acquire data with the user offset applied, because when you generate the decision tree (through the Unico-Weka procedure) starting from those data, you will have a network trained on not-compensated data that, if fed with offset-compensated data, will affect the accuracy of the model output. Also in case you are using the MLC examples (already-trained neural network, for example here), the user offset has not been used, so when you run the MLC it will be ignored.

0690X000009k3OdQAI.png