cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Graphics with Linux GNU toolchain.

olivier.scalbert
Associate III

Hi all !

I am mainly working on Linux with GNU toolchain. It works well except for graphics programming as TouchGFX works only on Windows.

I would like to know if someone find a solution to this problem. But perhaps everybody works on Windows ... I will appreciate your experience feedback.

For info, I have tested the new Qt demo for the STM32F769i Discovery board. It works well. But, as no source code is provided, I am not sure it fits my build chain.

Thanks,

Olivier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @olivier.scalbert​,

We have a distribution with a linux library, but the designer is not supported yet, unfortunately. It would require a complete rewrite. People have run it on Wine with mixed success, i think. We've been talking about porting the code generator, at least so that you can at least generate code based on the definitiosn within the .touchgfx file.

A multi-platform solution is not planned for a long time, i think.

/Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @olivier.scalbert​,

We have a distribution with a linux library, but the designer is not supported yet, unfortunately. It would require a complete rewrite. People have run it on Wine with mixed success, i think. We've been talking about porting the code generator, at least so that you can at least generate code based on the definitiosn within the .touchgfx file.

A multi-platform solution is not planned for a long time, i think.

/Martin

olivier.scalbert
Associate III

Thanks for your answer.

But it is a pity because more and more developers are using Linux.

Even at Microsoft.

Come on ST ! Plan a Linux version !

olivier.scalbert
Associate III

Even on the STM32MP157C you provide Linux !

😉

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

I agree 🙂 I think it's STs general philosophy that tools should be cross platform. But when ST aquired TouchGFX we were windows only and it'll take substantial efforts to redo everything. We're a small team and don't have the capacity at the moment to prioritize that task - But, i'm pretty sure it's on the road map, somewhere!

/Martin

olivier.scalbert
Associate III

Thanks Martin !

Olivier

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

No problem! I hope your wish comes true, though 🙂

/Martin