cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set TX power

brian239955_stm1
Associate III

I'm using BLE_p2pRouteur example code. In app_conf.h, CFG_TX_POWER is #defined to 0x18, and the comment next to it says 0 dbm. This parameter gets passed to aci_hal_set_tx_power_level(1, CFG_TX_POWER). The documentation of this function in UM1865 indicates this parameter has valid values between 0 and 7. So what does a value of 0x18 mean, and how do I set the TX power to known power levels?

Thanks...

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Please have a look at the AN5270. The ACI_HAL_SET_TX_POWER_LEVEL function is fully detailed with all the possible values and their meaning in dBm.

0x0E: -6.9 dBm

0x18: -0.15 dBm

You may also use the STM32CubeMonitor-RF tool which shows the link between the value and the power level.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rbenv.3
Associate II

I have the same question. I tried to set tx_power_level to a higher level (0x1e) and the power effectively was higher, but to what level ?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Please have a look at the AN5270. The ACI_HAL_SET_TX_POWER_LEVEL function is fully detailed with all the possible values and their meaning in dBm.

0x0E: -6.9 dBm

0x18: -0.15 dBm

You may also use the STM32CubeMonitor-RF tool which shows the link between the value and the power level.

brian239955_stm1
Associate III

Thanks Remi! This was the pointer I needed. Apparently, UM1865 is not applicable to the WB55.