cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESC based on STEVAL-SPIN3201 and STSPIN32F0

Margus
Associate

Hello,

I`m currently thinking of creating stripped down version of STEVAL-SPIN3201. I have a few questions before I can start with this project:

Why is there STM32F103CBT6 MCU on the STEVAL-SPIN3201 evaluation board? I can`really see much purpose for this chip.

Is it possible to use PWM signal (as standard RC servo signals, a 1-2ms. wide pulse every 20ms) as speed control input signal (throttle) to STSPIN32F0 chip?

Basically I would like to build ESC based on STEVAL-SPIN3201, leave out STM32F103CBT6 MCU part and control the speed of the motor with sending PWM signal from my drone`s controller board to STSPIN32F0. Is that possible?

I can see that STEVAL-ESC002V1 requires PWM input for controlling the speed of the motor. So this should be possible with STEVAL-SPIN3201 also.

How is the actual speed controlling signal part meant to be implemented on STEVAL-SPIN3201? Via USART?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello,

the STM32F103CBT6 MCU mounted on STEVAL-SPIN3201 evaluation board implements the ST-LINK-V2 debugger/programmer.

Then the STM32F103CBT6 allowing the user to debug and download firmware inside STSPIN32F0 without any extra hardware tool.

You can apply a PWM signal as speed control signal also in STEVAL-SPIN3201, e.g. disconnecting the R6 trimmer and C14 capacitor and using the test point TP4 connected to PA6 of the device.

The speed control can be performed according to your firmware.

Depending on available peripherals and GPIOs, you should use I2C, USART or SPI interfaces, PWM signal or analog signal (connected to ADC port).