cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader and USB detection on windows

BAure
Associate II

Hello,

I m a little bit lost. I want to create a midi board which plug on computer via USB port.

I wanted to ask this question on stm32duino forum but seems to be down for a long time (I planned to user stm32duino to program). Can I ask question here ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Aurélien

4 REPLIES 4

So what is the question?

JW

BAure
Associate II

The question is : I wanted to have an audio controller with stm32 inside. If possible, I don't want to have an usb driver to install to use this device.

I'm working with arduino ide (perhaps I will switch to plateformio in futur). So I uploaded a bootloader : now, my board (blue pill) is recognized as a "libusb-win32 maple dfu" device. But if there a way to make it recognized as another device (an audio controller) . Does bootloader make usb recognization with windows and I have to remove it ? Not sure to be, but I m lost...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aurélien

I don't know how the bootloader you are talking about works, but once the downloaded application starts running, it overtakes all the port pins, including the USB pins, so in that moment it ceases to be seen in PC as DFU device.

If you want it to be a USB Audio device, the application has to include some form of an USB library, and having implemented portions of the USB Audio Class. I don't know if there is something prepared in the Arduino/Maple world, but if you switch to the STM32 Cube world, CubeMX (which then uses the Cube library) can probably generate some USB Audio code for you.

I am not very good in dealing with newcomers questions, sorry.

JW

BAure
Associate II

OK, thank you, I m dealing with USBComposite class : https://github.com/arpruss/USBComposite_stm32f1.

I will see if I can do something with. Thanks.

Regards,

Aurélien