cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Environment SetUp on Linux(Ubuntu 14.04) with Atollic TrueStudio IDE for STM32F103RBTX development Board To Run Basic Blinky Code.

Utkarash Patil
Associate III

Hello All,

I have used STM32F103RBTx Dev board previously on Windows (windows 7 Professional) Platform with Kiel uVision4 IDE and STM32CubeMX 4.24 tool.

I had also build an example code which used PWM, GPIO, UART and SPI peripherals and it worked properly.

As per requirement now i have to use Ubuntu 14.04 Linux based system with Atollic TrueSTUDIO® for STM32, Version: 9.2.0 and STM32 CubeMX version 5.3.0.

I have Installed Atollic IDE and STM32CubeMX and also installed Embedded Software package for STM32F in CubeMx, reference Image attached below

0690X000009jnfOQAQ.png

After this by refering the video on the link given below i tried to build the blinky example code,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqUkFIeN6w&t=470s

However I was able generate the code but when i compile the code i am getting error mention in the attached screen shoot.

0690X000009jnfTQAQ.png

So is there any Dev board specific package installation to be done so that it finds the HAL Library path which is mentioned in error message

Or, I am missing out on something while installations or code generation with respect to Linux based system the please help.

Also while working with STM32F103RBTx Dev board previously on Windows (windows 7 Professional) Platform with Kiel uVision4 IDE and STM32CubeMX 4.24 tool i had installed an utility called “ST-Link�?,

So is this “ST-Link�? utility required for now also for Linux based system? If yes where i would get the Linux based utility as on ST's Website i could only find a Windows based utility

I request you to please help at the earliest.

Thanks and regards

Utkarash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raptorhal2
Lead

The first problem statement image referenced F7 error messages. This latest image is at least consistent F1. Are you still getting F7 related errors ?

Have you checked the Library config file to make sure you are including the needed peripheral drivers ?

Once the firmware is upgraded for the STLink, no further upgrading is needed for code load and debug, until, of course, ST revises the ROM code months or years later.

Cheers, Hal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The ST-LINK Utility tool has been replaced by the cross platform tool called STM32 Cube Programmer. It also replaces the older USB DFU tools and USART Flash Loader Demonstrator.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
raptorhal2
Lead

You likely have a path error.

I have Atollic 9.3.0 on Ubuntu 18.04. I use the HAL library, but no Cube, and it works well.

I have a copy of the library in each project. See screen print showing includes and source for an example.

0690X000009jntzQAA.jpg

I use an STLink V2 SWD, and a utility pops up the first time to upgrade the ROM. Not sure why, but I can't get STLINK V3 to work. I get a device not recognized error.

Cheers, Hal

Thank You for your Response and suggestions,

" I have Atollic 9.3.0 on Ubuntu 18.04. I use the HAL library, but no Cube, and it works well. "

" I have a copy of the library in each project. See screen print showing includes and source for an example. "

I have checked in my code and i am able to see HAL driver library in the code (attached the Image of the same) but still i am getting the same error, Does this mean i have to download any other library compatible for by board and link it ?

0690X000009joO9QAI.png

"I use an STLink V2 SWD, and a utility pops up the first time to upgrade the ROM. "

Is it necessary while code debugging also?

Please help at the earliest.

Thanks and regards

Thank you for your response and suggestion,

How can i solve the path error issues?

Thanks and Regards

Utkarsh

raptorhal2
Lead

The first problem statement image referenced F7 error messages. This latest image is at least consistent F1. Are you still getting F7 related errors ?

Have you checked the Library config file to make sure you are including the needed peripheral drivers ?

Once the firmware is upgraded for the STLink, no further upgrading is needed for code load and debug, until, of course, ST revises the ROM code months or years later.

Cheers, Hal

Utkarash Patil
Associate III

Thank you For your suggestion and help,

I am Facing issue for F1 Board and Sorry for the wrong image, It was my mistake i attached wrong Image ,

However now i am not getting path error Path Error is resolved,

However I am Facing issues while debugging the code i have attached the screen shot also,

0690X000009jqCFQAY.png

Understanding the Error and Suggestion for Error i tried changing the Power cable with two new Cable but i am still facing the same issues.

Whereas If that Cable used for any other purpose its working fine.

So Please help me to solve the Issue

Thanks and regards

hello All

sorry For late response

My issue got solved when i upgraded my Linux to Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks and Regards

Utkarsh