cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK v3.0, Simple solution for STDC14 to Cortex 10 pin MIPI10 connection?

rasyoung
Associate

Howdy,

I just purchased an inexpensive STLINK 3.0 Mini, but don't have any convenient way to go from the 14 pin cable, to the fine pitch 10 pin connector on my application board.

Can anyway share a simple solution?

I think the full STLINK 3.0 has a converter cable, I'm wondering if I just have to offset the cable header some way appropriately?

Thanks,

Randy

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, annoyingly the Mini only ships with one cable. This I think is an oversight as most available solutions use the 10-pin headering.

The 14-to-10 adaption is just to skip the 2 pins on either side of the center 10 pairings.

ie with the V3SET there is a 10-pin cable, one end crimps a 14-pin header, the other end a 10-pin header.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

0690X000009jMwcQAE.jpg

S.Ma
Principal

This means the IDF14 fits an IDF10 directly if there is no tall components around the 10 pin connector.

I use the boxed/shrouded 10-pin headers with the cut-out notch, a lot easier to plug in blind and less prone to operator error.

A lot of people working production jobs have a philosophy of "if it doesn't fit, apply more force"

rasyoung
Associate

Thanks so much for the consideration of your lucid explanation.

Much appreciated!

There is the TAG connect (no connector on PCB side) for production.

I'm going to try something else with a cheaper adapter, which only constrains the PCB thickness to be standard:

AVX "connectors" (10 pins) which footprint is compatible with DF11-10 as plan B.

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/163f/0900766b8163f323.pdf

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/14ef/0900766b814efa91.pdf

MFolk.1
Senior

I need this STDC14 to MIPI10 cable. Does ST at least have a part number they can provide so people can acquire it? I need many of these and I'm not buying a bunch of STLINKV3 kits to get them.