cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifare DesFire Read Write(T4T)

sach.56215330888194E12
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using ST25r3911 for my project and have to work on DESFire card. I know there is code support for ISO/IEC 14443 cards on ​STSW-ST25R002. We can use DESFire as T4T for read and write. Is there any example of how to perform read/write?

Also is there any support for Authentication on STSW SDK?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

for your information,

• the memory footprint can be reduced thanks to the RFAL_FEATURE_*** macros in your platform.h file. e.g. set RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP to false if NFC_DEP is not used in your project
  • if you are using Keil tools, the linker can be instructed to remove unused code/data/section
  • if you are using Iar tools, the linker by default remove unused code

I personally would recommend to move to the latest version of the RFAL.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

rfal_t4t.c provides API to compose ISO 7816 APDU. Some examples of how to use these API can be found in X-CUBE-NFC5 package (file ndef_t4t.c).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

we don't have sample code showing how to do things like authentication. However the interface described by Brian allows you to send any APDUs to perform authentication.

Regards, Ulysses

sach.56215330888194E12
Associate II

​Hi Brain/Ulysses,

Thanks a lot for your recommendations. Actually I have an old version of NFC5 package(ver 1.2) which apparently doesn't have ndef files.

So I started working on the code which was provided on that version in demo.c to send APDU for select app, select file and read binary.

I was able to communicate successfully with the tag for the select functions but somehow got stuck on read binary which I'm sorting out now.

Meanwhile I downloaded NFC5&NFC6 latest versions to check the functionalities.

When I compare the main function(ISO-DEP Blocking Transceive) to exchange APDU on these 2 versions and the older one which I have it's still the same. Which means nothing much have changed on the Tx/Rx part but yes there is lot of changes when it comes to how the apdu's are packaged and other variables.

Just want to confirm...Can I continue working on NFC5 version 1.2 for the other apdu's like read and write or should I get the latest NFC package version?

My only worry is that I need to port in lot of code changes from the new version and I'm kind of going low on memory.

Regard,

Sach

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

for your information,

• the memory footprint can be reduced thanks to the RFAL_FEATURE_*** macros in your platform.h file. e.g. set RFAL_FEATURE_NFC_DEP to false if NFC_DEP is not used in your project
  • if you are using Keil tools, the linker can be instructed to remove unused code/data/section
  • if you are using Iar tools, the linker by default remove unused code

I personally would recommend to move to the latest version of the RFAL.

Rgds

BT