cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769NI-DISCO1: project from STMCubeMX does not work

TPier
Associate III

Hi,

Having tested all the examples from the STM32F7 package for the STM32F769 Discovery kit, I started to write my own project from scratch. For thios, the starting point is the STMCubeMX tool.

So far, everything went well till I reached the point of the LCD. I cannot get it working. I compared the generated code with the one of the BSP. It is similar except in

• the initialization sequence
  • the value of some configured timings, that STMCubeMX does not allow to set as in the BSP

Has anyone any experience and advices to get a LCD working from a STMCubeMX project ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheCarterII
Associate II

STMCubeMX has been having some problems with CubeIDE I believe they haven't fixed it. Personally I am following this method of sticking with TouchGFX and editing it through that. That seems to be working the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQO7zhX0e0Q

You do run into the issue of not being able to then use CubeMX

If you don't care so much about the graphical libraries I would find the hello world example problem and maybe base your design on that?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TPier
Associate III

Here is the STMCubeMX configuration file I used so far.

TheCarterII
Associate II

STMCubeMX has been having some problems with CubeIDE I believe they haven't fixed it. Personally I am following this method of sticking with TouchGFX and editing it through that. That seems to be working the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQO7zhX0e0Q

You do run into the issue of not being able to then use CubeMX

If you don't care so much about the graphical libraries I would find the hello world example problem and maybe base your design on that?

TPier
Associate III

@TheCarterII​ Many thanks.

Indeed the STM32CubeMX project is generated. But when generating the project, I can also notice that TouchGFX also added some tweaks in the generated code.

Best regards