cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube IDE code generation overwrites project settings and linker file

BSchm.7
Associate

Hi,

for our current project, we moved from TrueSTUDIO, and Cube MX to STM32CubeIDE 1.0.2. Since we moved to CubeIDE, all our Project settings are overwritten, each time we generate code. In addition, to the linker file is overwritten too.

Did anyone else experience this problem and knows how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

This seems to be fixed in our unreleased internal weekly build so it will be part of our next release.

A possible workaround could be to keep the .ioc editor open as I remember when the bug was first reported I couldn't reproduce it until I was instructed to close the .ioc editor.

SChil.3
Associate

Hallo Marcus.

Well this is not working for me. We are using STMCube for development of one of our new projects and this idea of keeping the ioc file open in the editor does not work. It still overwrites the project settings, include paths are not there anymore and linker options are changed. Please let us know when is the next update expected. Not just highly annoying, it is also a make or break kinda issue. Please prioritize this.

BSchm.7
Associate

Hi Marcus,

we are experiencing the same. Keeping the .ioc file open does not fix the isssue.

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello guys,

It seems that the opening or closing of the .ioc file doesn't affect the bug for you then, unfortunately.

The issue is being heavily prioritized, set as a "Blocker" meaning we won't release a new version without it being solved and a new version should be out pretty soon.