cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 LL library example for SPI with DMA.

Asantos
Senior

I need an example of how to Transmit/receive data using SPI and DMA with LL library for the STM32H7.

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Have a look to the SPI example available in the STM32CubeH7 package: STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Examples_LL\SPI\SPI_FullDuplex_ComIT

This can help you as an implementation example and you may re-use sections available in the example or get inspired from them.

You find a readme file with this example providing recommendation and more details on how to use DMA.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Asantos
Senior

Imen,

I've already looked at this example. But I did not find nothing about how to use it with DMA.

When the ST will release a version of STM32CubeMX capable of generating LL driver code for SPI with DMA for the H7? Or at least publish an example how to do it?

Do you have any internal example, since that it wasn't tested yet, to send me for use as reference?

Thanks,

Ari

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi,

It is planned that STM32CubeMX will generate LL driver code for the STM32H7 from Version 6.0. But, unfortunately, I can't give you any target date for the moment.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Asantos
Senior

Imen,

Finelly the STM32CubeMX with support to generate STM32H7 code for SPI and DMA using LL driver was released, but it is useless without any example of SPI with DMA using LL driver. STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.1.0 have 3 examples of using SPI with DMA for LL driver, but the H7 SPI is completely different, so I cant use other STM32 example as reference.

Do you have any example of SPI with DMA using LL driver for the H7 to send me?

Thanks,

Ari.

Hello,

Did you find it? I am still struggling with H7 with SPI and DMA example. As the SPI in H7 is completely different than other variants.