cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Team, i am using M24M02-DRMN6TP for one of my project. While working with this EEPROM, we have observed an odd behavior. Please consider this as urgent

ABCD
Associate II

When we wrote data at 0 location, same value getting reflected at 32768 and vice versa. Same behavior for 65536 and 98304, 131072 and 163840, 196608 and 229376. Not sure why it is writing at two locations same information even though we have written at single location. With this, we are unable to use 2Mbit size, its getting reduced to 1 Mbit. Which is a problem for us to proceed further on project. We are in difficult situation to go for another revision of board. 

4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like it is ignoring an address bit, so you might want to review the bit pattern or expectations in the datasheet vs those on the bus.

How confident​ are you in the sourcing of the part? Can you get a sample directly from ST or an official distributor and swap the part on a development board?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks Clive for your response.

How can we confirm that IC is missing address bit.

We have observed this odd behavior not only in a single board, observed in total of 5 development boards we have .

We have purchased these ICs from DigiKey., hope this is a authorized vendor.

Thanks,

Siva

Also can you please help us to get the sample parts of this IC meanwhile

>>Also can you please help us to get the sample parts of this IC meanwhile

Not really something I can assist you with. Not staff.

>>How can we confirm that IC is missing address bit.

How would you normally validate hw/sw implementation?

a) Walk the code thoroughly with respect to the documented requirements, b) validate actual behaviour of your code by scoping the signals, or reviewing on a logic analyzer.

>>We have observed this odd behavior not only in a single board, observed in total of 5 development boards we have. We have purchased these ICs from DigiKey., hope this is a authorized vendor.

So signs point to a software issue, do some effective validation. Have an independent colleague review the docs and code.

Honestly sounds like you've screwed up the device select code to access the correct array and set the A17/A16 bits.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..