cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993-EVAL board. Autotuning feature

Franco Bocalon
Associate III

The autotuning algorithm implemented in the app reader, is an external routine? I mean, the IC ST25RU3993 by itself can not tune an antenna. I guess that we need to implement some algorithm making a sweep and checking the reflected power, and then finally set the 3 values for the tunning capacitors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

​Hi, the tuning algorithms are all completly implemented in the FW, the "Reader Suite" application simple call them in the FW. You find all the necessary implementation in the file "tuner.c". The 4 algorithms are implemented in the following functions "tunerOneHillClimb" -> FAST, "tunerDuplicatedOneHillClimb" -> VERYFAST, "tunerMultiHillClimb" -> SLOW and "tunerEnhancedMultiHillClimb" -> MEDIUM.

Hope this answers  your question, if you have further questions let me know.

BR Nick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello, yes correct. The carrier cancelation circuite​ is a external HW component that is controlled by an MCU (The same MCU that controlls also the ST25RU3993). As an example how this could look like in HW and how it is used in FW please have a look into the EVAL board schematic and the EVAL board FW. Both could be found on www.st.com

Best Regards

Franco Bocalon
Associate III

Dear Nick, Hi. I understand. But I mean that the search algorithms (OneHillClimb, MultiHillClimb, DuplicatedFastHillClimb, and EnhancedMultiHillClimb) I guess that the Appreader app implements them. I could not see this algorithms into the fw side.

Regards

Nick K
ST Employee

​Hi, the tuning algorithms are all completly implemented in the FW, the "Reader Suite" application simple call them in the FW. You find all the necessary implementation in the file "tuner.c". The 4 algorithms are implemented in the following functions "tunerOneHillClimb" -> FAST, "tunerDuplicatedOneHillClimb" -> VERYFAST, "tunerMultiHillClimb" -> SLOW and "tunerEnhancedMultiHillClimb" -> MEDIUM.

Hope this answers  your question, if you have further questions let me know.

BR Nick

Franco Bocalon
Associate III

Dear Nick,

I am sorry. I could find them before.

Thank you so much.

Best Regards

Franco