cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Nucleo board to be used for STM32F103RE & STM32F103VE microcontrollers?

SShid
Associate III

I'm looking for evaluating some demo applications on STM32F103RE & STM32F103VE microcontrollers.

Which NUCLEO board should I use for the purpose?

I could find one NUCLEO-F103RB, but would it be compatible and/or the best choice for the microcontrollers I'm going to use?

6 REPLIES 6

Hard​ to guess your intent, but the stock NUCLEO might suffice.

The are other EVAL series boards, and a lot of other examples on eBay or Alibaba.

If 2019 perhaps consider more capable parts.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SShid
Associate III

Thanks for responding, Clive.

What I intend to do is develop a demo application on the evaluation board, prove it's working and transfer it (the firmware) to the target application with ideally no modifications, and it should work as is. So, I'm trying to find whether an application developed over the nucleo board with a different micro-controller on board will work fin on my target application device.

Also, what is the 'stock' nucleo board are you referring to?

Could you please mention model number?

I'm very new to the ST platform, so can't find things quickly.

Thanks once again.

TFlac
Associate III

Hi Member,

You would use the NUCLEO-F103RB board. This assumes you will use the CubeMX and CubeIDE flow. Here you will be able to complete your design and transfer to you final board. The good news is all of the schematics are provided and from here is easy sailing.

Hello,

this is the stock Nucleo Clive is referring to: NUCLEO-F103RB.

You also want relevant Cube software: STM32CubeF1 to start developing with it.

That clears up my queries.

Thanks for your response, David!

SShid
Associate III

Thanks for this additional useful information, tflack1!