cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The manufacturing ZIP file on the resources page doesn't have any mechanical data

Spaced Cowboy
Associate III

Subject says it all, really: Go here, download the ZIP file for the 'Manufacturing files', and the 'Mechanical' folder is empty :(

Looking to get the offsets of the holes from the Arduino connector so I can bolt it down well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Spaced Cowboy​ 

Please find attached the STEP file supposed to be in the ZIP.

Please, confirm this is what you were expecting.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Spaced Cowboy​ 

I confirm the problem.

I escalate it internally and come back to you ASAP

Sorry for inconvenience

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Spaced Cowboy​ 

Please find attached the STEP file supposed to be in the ZIP.

Please, confirm this is what you were expecting.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
Spaced Cowboy
Associate III

Hi Olivier, thanks for the quick reply 🙂

The STEP file looks a bit like overkill, to be honest - but I'll try and find a viewer for the format on my Mac, and see if I can get the info I need. What I really wanted (I mention this in case it's there and I missed it) was something like:

0690X000009jGnBQAU.png

Cheers 🙂

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Spaced Cowboy​ 

No, we do not provide similar details measure file.

Don't you get information using Altium PCB file in ODB+ folder ?

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
Spaced Cowboy
Associate III

Well, if I had Altium....

Even the free viewer for their file-format is PC-only, which doesn't help me on a Mac :(

However, you gave me the idea to look at the combination of MB1272-C01_Assembly.PDF, MB1272-C01_PickandPlace.txt and MB1272C-RoundHoles-Plated.TXT. For anyone else that cares, the holes and connector centres (in mm) are:

CN2: cx=51.5000  cy=67.5000  part=SAMTEC_TSW-120-07-G-D                  

CN13: cx=59.4340  cy=61.4500   part=SAMTEC_SSW-110-22-X-S-VS
CN14: cx=35.0500  cy=61.4500   part=SAMTEC_SSW-108-22-X-S-VS
CN16: cx=52.8300  cy=13.1900   part=SAMTEC_SSW-108-22-X-S-VS
CN17: cx=32.5100  cy=13.1900   part=SAMTEC_SSW-106-22-X-S-VS

CN4: cx=22.5500  cy=41.5000  part=TE-CONNECTIVITY_2-1734248-0

H1: cx=22.5  cy=67.5
H2: cx=80.5  cy=67.5
H3: cx=22.5  cy=18.5
H4: cx=80.5  cy=18.5

Bear in mind that CN13..17 are on the underside of the board, so their origin is the bottom-right corner as you look down on the board from above, not the bottom-left. (These are pick-and-place co-ords, and the board is flipped when placing on the bottom)

Cheers