cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue debugging BlueNRG-2 with ST-Link/V2 in TrueSTUDIO

BBeau
Associate

Howdy, folks. I'm new to the ST universe but have plenty of embedded experience. I have a BlueNRG-2 evaluation board and an ST-Link interface that I have been working with. Here is the problem -

I can open a sample BLE peripheral example in Atollic TrueStudio, then successfully compile the application to Elf/Bin/Hex format. If I download that app using the UART loader for the board, it executes and runs normally. This is an unmodified sample program directly from ST.

If however I attach the ST-Link to the board and run the code from inside the debugger, it does not fully execute properly. The program loads, I get the usual breakpoint at the start of main, and I can continue the program (or step through) as desired. The code follows the source as expected. If at any time I continue the program, it hangs (I could post the details of exactly where here, but I'm not sure that's relevant) before entering the main while loop during peripheral initialization. I can also step into functions and find the exact spot where it hangs, which is repeatable.

So a fully functioning app that runs outside of the debugger with the ST-Link attached but inactive will start but not fully function when executed from inside Atollic using a connected ST-Link module under gdb.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anthony Rabine
Associate II

Hello,

I have the same problem. buy an JLINK from Segger, it is working with the BlueNRG2. It is a wonderful tool, it will save you a lot of time.

Regards,

Anthony

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anthony Rabine
Associate II

Hello,

I have the same problem. buy an JLINK from Segger, it is working with the BlueNRG2. It is a wonderful tool, it will save you a lot of time.

Regards,

Anthony