Did you mean: 

STM32 F303RE Nucleo: No device found on target error

CLee.0
Associate III

I get the error

Error in final launch sequence:

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: (4) No device found on target.

I have the STM32 F303 RE nucleo connected over USB and am trying to download and run code through STM32Cube IDE. Code compiles fine but won't run or make it to the target.

I have shorted the SB62 and SB63 bridges, so I can use the USART, but otherwise everything is as I got the board originally.

6 REPLIES 6

Can you find with ST-LINK Utilities or STM32 Cube Programmer?

What if you pull BOOT0 High so your code currently on the device doesn't run? If it connects, erase the device.

If you have code that disables or reconfigures the debug pins, or puts the device in low power mode, the debugger may not longer be able to connect.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CLee.0
Associate III

I can't connect under ST-Link Utility either. The Utility does see the board, and I was able to upgrade the firmware to the latest, but it won't connect to it if I try to 'Connect' or erase memory or anything else. It says to connect using 'COnnect under reset' which does not appear to be an option at all (there are 3 reset options under Target-Settings and I tried all 3). It also says to use a slower frequency, and I tried the slowest to no avail.

For the Boot0: I don't see this on the board, is it under a different name perchance?

I can't connect under ST-Link Utility either. The Utility does see the board, and I was able to upgrade the firmware to the latest, but it won't connect to it if I try to 'Connect' or erase memory or anything else. It says to connect using 'COnnect under reset' which does not appear to be an option at all (there are 3 reset options under Target-Settings and I tried all 3). It also says to use a slower frequency, and I tried the slowest to no avail.

For the Boot0: I don't see this on the board, is it under a different name?

S.Ma
Principal

BOOT0 pin (usual name) branch to bootloader if high at reset rising edge.

If your user code screws up, this is the escape exit.

CLee.0
Associate III

Thanks HD139139 that worked. I erased the flash and then was able to start programming again.

CLee.0
Associate III

Thanks HD139139 that worked. I erased the flash and then was able to start programming again.