cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769 Discovery kit demo firmware

TPier
Associate III

Hi,

I ran several test and example projects on the STM32F769 Discovery platform. I would like to reload the original demo firmware. According to the documentation, it should be available from the www.st.com/stm32f7-discovery webpage but I cannot find it again.

Could someone tell where I can find the original demo firmware for this kit ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piranha
Chief II

Compiled demo firmware can be found in STM32CubeF7 package:

\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Good question. It's not among the compiled binaries (https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32-discovery-kits.html#resource click on Binary resources - no direct link courtesy of the idiotic "new look and feel" of the ST webpage).

ST, can you plese fix this?

JW

@Amel NASRI​  , @Imen DAHMEN​ 

There are more firmwares missing, e.g. for the classic 'F4 DISCO (the 'F407 based one)

JW

Attached binaries extracted from CubeF7 v1.7

JW

TPier
Associate III

Many thanks.

For your info: the binaries do not load properly. As a consequence, for the full demo, the access to the "Embedded Wizard" demos crashes the system. For the Stm32Cube demo, some images are just garbage.

Verification of the upload gives the error "Data mismatch found at address 0x90000000 (byte = 0x00 instead of 0x99)". I did not get the time yet to investigate more ...

Best regards.

Piranha
Chief II

Compiled demo firmware can be found in STM32CubeF7 package:

\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\

TFlac
Associate III

Hello Community,

Yes, I went through this myself. The fact of the matter is there should not be BINARIES for example designs. There should be source files to allow the user to see what and how the design was done. If the source files were given then more people would learn the tool flows better. The key objective in this type of question to let ST know that we need more and better documentation.

I'm using the STM32F3 products and also the STM32_FW_F3 firmware package. The documentation for this firmware is no three years old. The CubeMX and CubeIDE are not mentioned as they did not exist yet. The example in the F3 firmware are great but they are hand written (no MX or CubeIDE). The only way I can get the MX to work is to cut and paste the source files from the example folder. There are no instructions on how to open these examples using CubeMX/IDE no where.

We as the ST community must let ST know we need latest documentation for the latest tools. I chose to use CubeIDE and MX. You will find it very difficult to have MX create the handwritten code designs that are in the firmware packages.

Hello,

We raised your feedback internally to the appropriate team.

For the 32F769IDISCOVERY demo firmware, it will be published soon on the ST webpage.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if you have read the post below, too - there are more Disco demo binaries missing than just the 'F769Disco.

Jan

And linker scripts are also missing in newer versions of Cube packages. For example the newest F7, L4 and L1 packages have linker scripts only for IAR compiler - GCC and ARM is missing.