cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix STM32CubeIDE very small on 4k display?

Romain1
Associate III

Hi, just installed STM32CubeIDE 1.0.2 on a laptop with a 4k UHD display.

The editor (the Eclipse part) displays fine, but the Target Selector and "Cube" interface are really small. How to fix this please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hansd56
Senior II

It all has to do with Eclipse and Java. It was not designed for high dpi in mind. You can also try pre-scaling under the Win10 System settings. And don't forget to log a bug with STM.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
hansd56
Senior II

In stm32cubeide.ini put -Dswt.autoScale=200 below -vmargs. If icons too big try 150.

Romain1
Associate III

Thanks hansd56, this does change the scaling in the editor (Eclipse) but not in the Cube (File - New - STM32 Project) which is still displayed with really small fonts.

hansd56
Senior II

Hi sorry, I should have read it properly. Delete the above line. If you are on Windows right click the shortcut->properties. Select Change high DPI settings. Tick Overide ... and select System. If you are on Linux no idea.

Romain1
Associate III

This does work on Windows 10, the cube displays properly, despite being slightly blurry.

However now the editor is blurry as well and does not benefit from the high DPI anymore.

I guess that's a side effect of the STM32CubeIDE 2-in-1 solution... Is there another way other than installing the STM32CubeMX separately?

hansd56
Senior II

It all has to do with Eclipse and Java. It was not designed for high dpi in mind. You can also try pre-scaling under the Win10 System settings. And don't forget to log a bug with STM.

Edimahler
Associate III

This topic was already discussed at several places, and an STM-employee gave me the really easy and working tipp to change the text size here:

Window > PREFERENCES > STM32Cube > Device Configuration Tool > Font size

This works for most of the too small text sizes in the Target selector and the Cube interface.

...Just a pitty they hide it so well and I don't understand, why the CubeIDE isn't able to read back the resolution of the used screen in order to adapt this automatically?!

BTW: Take care, those settings also have an influence to the CubeMX, if you're using this as well. While it was easy to change the screen scaling in MX (just make right-click to the exe file and change the DPI settings there when starting up the program), this didn't have any effect for the CubeIDE anymore on my PC. Because of that the up-scaling is now too big on my CubeMX, when changing the settings as described above...

Good luck and happy coding! 😀

martinstingl
Associate II

Running Linux Mint 20 Xfce I could get normal icon and text size starting STM32CubeIDE with the following variables, I have a script containing one line:

GDK_DPI_SCALE=0.5 GDK_SCALE=2 /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.5.0/stm32cubeide

Thanks! its work for me!
150 is great!