cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very incomplete support for STM32H743 LL libraries in STM32CubeIDE

fbar
Senior

I'm using a Nucleo-H743ZI2 to learn more about the H7 architecture in preparation for a project. I'm using the latest STM32CubeIDE with the 1.5.0 firmware, but I also tried (with no difference) STM32CubeMX.

I very much prefer the LL libraries to the HAL, so after having built a test app with HAL, I went into the Project Manager, Advanced Settings page of the configurator, to select LL libraries instead of HAL. To my surprise, only the GPIO LL library was selectable, and there was no way to set LL libraries for RCC, ADC or USART. I can see that LL libraries are provided (and documented) in the firmware, and the few LL examples for my board have the code to initialize the RCC, so clearly I could make the LL to work, but I would lose the ability to use the configurator.

Why are the LL libraries for H7 provided but not usable from STM32CubeIDE?

EDIT: I tried again using my STM32F407VGT6 board, and as expected I could configure RCC, ADC, DMA and USART using the configurator and LL libraries, even using the latest STM32CubeIDE. So it seems that in the H7 line the LL libraries are not enabled for most of the peripherals

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

Hello @fbar​ ,

you are right, CubeMX today doesn't generate LL code for STM32H7 series. This is coming with the next CubeMX release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

Hello @fbar​ ,

you are right, CubeMX today doesn't generate LL code for STM32H7 series. This is coming with the next CubeMX release.

fbar
Senior

Thanks for the prompt reply (and apologies for my delayed follow up). This at least confirms I'm not doing something wrong, always good 🙂

Is there any rough ETA for the next CubeMX release? I know you can't really comment on release dates, but I was wondering if we are talking about weeks or months. I need to decide if I want to shelve this for a while, while waiting for the next CubeMX, or if I want to start manually creating my project starting from the LL template provided in the current firmware release. I really value the CubeMX ability to quickly change hardware settings (especially clocks, which in the H7 can be quite a nightmare to figure out otherwise), so waiting a bit would be worthwhile