cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Trace functions on ST-LINKV2 with Keil V5.28

nrose
Associate II

I've connected SWDIO, SWDCLK, TRACESWO and NRST to the ST-LINKV2, but have no luck with trace functions. There is also a "Trace - no synchronization" message.

Is there anything else I should be doing ?

3 REPLIES 3

It means your speed setting doesn't match that of the core, or the SWD settings in general are not coherent.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I imagine that you are right. But, I can find no information on the settings. How do I know what the speed setting should be ?

Know what speed you're clocking your device, and tell the debugger what that is. Here an L4 part I'm clocking at 80 MHz (SYSCLK)

0690X00000ARPiOQAX.jpg

Other settings will depend on the model of ST-LINK, here a V3, so higher SWD bus settings, the defaults should work for those. The "Trace - no synchronization" means either the target speed is wrong, or the clock gearing is otherwise incorrect/incompatible. ie internally incoherent.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..